Crafting Your Story, Your BookSM
EDITING FROM CONCEPT TO COMPOSITION
Biography, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Theology, Religion
As a writer and editor I devote my compositional and editing skills to assist you with crafting your book or article. From beginning to end we work together as a team. After reading this page, I invite you to contact me to introduce yourself, pose any questions you may have, or submit a brief summary of your writing project.
If you have a draft of your memoir or autobiography, I provide manuscript evaluation as well as content and copy editing in preparation for publication. If you are just beginning to conceptualize it, I work with you through the stages of development until your book is completed.
If you have a draft of a manuscript within the categories of biography, history, philosophy, psychology, theology, or religion, I offer manuscript evaluation and developmental, content, and copy editing.
When publishing under my own name, I write about persons, living or deceased, who have made a significant contribution to society, religion, or the arts. Grants or publisher advances may fund these projects.
The Editing Process
(1) You email me a brief summary of your project. Please include your phone number and suggested daytime or evening hours for me to reach you for a follow-up conversation.
(2) I send you a worksheet to complete so that I may review your project proposal. If you already have a draft of part or all of your manuscript, you submit an outline along with two or three sample chapters.
(3) You receive a letter from me indicating whether your project has been accepted. If so, the letter includes a detailed price quotation based upon the current fee schedule and the categories of editing required. You have the option of requesting a sample edit of a portion of your manuscript before contracting for the entire project. The fee for the sample edit is applied to the total project fee should you decide to proceed.
(4) We sign a contract setting forth the nature, scope, time frame, and terms of payment for the work to be performed.
(5) If the contract calls for developmental or content editing of your current draft, you will receive the revised text in increments for your review. Throughout the entire process you and I remain in conversation about the progress of your work since collaboration is vital to achieving the result you desire.
(6) Upon its completion your manuscript is emailed to you for submission to an agent or publisher. Once the publisher agrees to publish your book and finishes the in-house formatting and typesetting, you may employ me to proofread the final PDF version if your publisher does not provide the service. Proofreading is also available in the event you self-publish rather than engage a full-service publisher.
My goal is to facilitate your best quality of writing for the audience you seek to address.