Crafting Your Story, Your BookSM
Editing from Concept to Composition
Biography, History, Philosophy, PSYCHOLOGY, THEOLOGY, Religion
As a writer and editor I devote my compositional and editing skills to assist you with crafting your book-length manuscript, article, or blog. From beginning to end we work together as a team. After reading this page, I invite you to contact me to introduce yourself, pose any questions you may have, or submit a brief summary of your writing proposal.
If you have composed a draft of your memoir or autobiography, I provide manuscript evaluation as well as content editing in preparation for publication. If you are just beginning to conceptualize it, I work with you through the stages of development until your book is completed.
If you have written a draft of your book or a portion of it within the categories of biography, history, philosophy, psychology, theology, or religion, I offer manuscript evaluation, developmental and content editing, line editing and copy editing.
When publishing under my own name, I write about persons, living or deceased, who have made a significant contribution to religion or society. Grants or publisher advances may fund these projects.
(1) You email me a brief summary of your proposal. Please include your phone number and suggested daytime or evening hours for me to reach you for follow-up conversation.
(2) I send you a worksheet to be completed for a review of your project. If you already have a draft of part or all of your book, you submit an outline along with two or three sample chapters.
(3) You receive a letter from me indicating whether your project has been accepted. If so, the letter includes a detailed price quotation based upon the current fee schedule and the categories of editing required. You have the option of requesting a sample edit of a portion of your manuscript before contracting for the entire project. The fee for the sample edit is applied to the project fee should you decide to proceed.
(4) We sign a contract setting forth the nature, scope, time frame, and terms of payment for the work to be performed.
(5) If the contract calls for developmental or content editing of your current draft, you will receive the revised text in increments for your review. Throughout the entire process you and I remain in conversation about the progress of your book since collaboration is vital to achieving the result you desire.
(6) Upon its completion your manuscript is emailed to you for submission to an agent or publisher. Once the publisher agrees to go to print with your book and finishes the in-house formatting and typesetting, you may employ me to proofread the final PDF version if your publisher does not provide the service. Proofreading is also available in the event you self-publish rather than engage a full-service publisher.
See, below, testimonials from persons whose manuscripts I have edited. My commitment to you is to facilitate your best quality of writing.